Thursday, 29 May 2014

Review: Arclight by Josin L. McQuein


I don't love recapping the plot when I review so I will just say that Arclight was a very enjoyable read and well written. The author had lovely descriptions and phrasing which I don't see much in YA fiction these days. A few times I became a bit confused about what was happening but I think it may have been either the book needed a tad more description (for one example the part with Anne-Marie's hand...she didn't say anything so I was left a bit puzzled as to what the effect was supposed to be) or I may have just been too tired as I read most of it late at night (the only time I really have to read.)

I liked the heroine, Marina. She was interesting and not overly concerned with her looks or romance etc. The Tobin/Marina angle was well done, not over the top lurve and all that. 



The Fade: interesting creatures. I would have liked to hear more from Rue, to have him more fleshed out. His communication and interactions started out rudimentary but didn't progress enough in my opinion. I didn't really see a love triangle as a lot of people are mentioning because of the plot twist (read it to find out.)

I did see the plot twist coming but still enjoyed the book. On to Meridian, though many say it's disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment